While the majority of people have heard of-- or experienced-- dehydration, the most common treatment that comes to mind is to consume water or sports drinks with electrolytes. However, when dehydration is severe, the condition can cause a person to suffer from seizures and go into shock. To treat mild to severe cases of dehydration, your doctor may suggest intravenous (IV) rehydration.
What are the signs of dehydration?
Dehydration symptoms can vary from mild to severe. In mild to moderate cases, a person will experience the following symptoms:
What is hydration therapy?
Hydration therapy involves placing an IV line into a vein in your arm to administer fluids packed with electrolytes-- these can include magnesium, potassium, B vitamins, sulfate, or calcium, to name a few. The precise combination of fluids will depend on several things-- your age, medical history, existing medical conditions, and the extent of the dehydration. Intravenous rehydration is a simple and risk-free treatment used in people that are ill, injured, dehydrated from physical activity or heat, or having surgery.
What are the advantages of a hydration infusion?
1. It works more quickly. When a person takes hydration orally, they need to wait for the fluids to pass through the gastrointestinal system. This can take a long time. On the other hand, since hydration infusion is inserted right into a vein, the solution goes right into your bloodstream, which delivers a faster absorption than when taken orally.
2. It can be tailored for you. Healthcare professionals consider your height, weight, sex, medical history, existing medical conditions, and the severity of your dehydration before deciding which kind of fluids would work best for you. Using this information, they create a custom solution made to target what you need.
3. Shorter recovery time. Since the vitamins, electrolytes, and nutrients in hydration therapy reach your bloodstream right away, you'll start feeling better much sooner than if you take oral hydration. This is especially vital when an individual is experiencing life-threatening symptoms.
4. It cleanses your system. Immediate hydration improves blood supply to vital organs-- such as your liver and kidneys., In turn, this enables them to flush out toxins from your body much more efficiently.
5. It's easier on your digestive system. In serious cases of dehydration, trying to drink a large volume of fluids can overwhelm your digestive system. This causes it to flush out what you're drinking without actually absorbing the vitamins, electrolytes, and nutrients your body needs to recover.
If Your Doctor Has Recommended Hydration Therapy, Let Platinum Sculpt Help You
At Platinum Sculpt, we provide medically-prescribed infusion therapy for clients with chronic problems in an inviting and friendly environment. Our staff of healthcare professionals is totally committed to making the experience as pleasant as possible for you or your clients. We always inform clients of any prospective side effects and answer all their questions before starting therapy.