Or call us at for a free consultation!
Nicholasville: (859) 242-5050
While the majority of people have heard about-- or experienced-- dehydration, the most common treatment that comes to mind is to drink water or sports beverages with electrolytes. But, when dehydration is severe, the condition can cause a person to experience seizures and go into shock. To treat moderate to severe conditions of dehydration, your doctor may recommend intravenous (IV) rehydration.
What are the signs of dehydration?
Dehydration symptoms can range from moderate to severe. In mild to moderate cases, an individual will experience the following manifestations:
What is hydration therapy?
Hydration therapy involves inserting an IV line into a vein in your arm to administer fluids packed with electrolytes-- these might include magnesium, potassium, B vitamins, sulfate, or calcium, among others. The exact combination of fluids will be dependent on several factors-- your age, medical history, existing medical conditions, and the extent of the dehydration. Intravenous rehydration is an easy and safe treatment used in people that are ill, injured, dehydrated from physical activity or heat, or having surgery.
What are the benefits of a hydration infusion?
1. It works more quickly. When a person takes hydration orally, they need to wait for the fluids to go through the gastrointestinal tract. This can take a long time. However, because hydration infusion is inserted right into a vein, the solution goes directly into your bloodstream, which provides a faster absorption than when taken orally.
2. It can be customized for you. Healthcare professionals consider your height, weight, sex, medical history, existing medical conditions, as well as the severity of your dehydration before deciding which kind of fluids would work best for you. Using this information, they make a customized solution created to target what you need.
3. Shorter recovery time. Since the vitamins, electrolytes, and nutrients in hydration therapy reach your bloodstream instantly, you'll begin feeling better much sooner than if you take oral hydration. This is especially crucial when an individual is experiencing life-threatening symptoms.
4. It detoxes your system. Immediate hydration improves blood supply to vital organs-- like your liver and kidneys., In turn, this enables them to remove toxins from your body more effectively.
5. It's easier on your digestive system. In extreme instances of dehydration, attempting to drink a large amount of fluids can overwhelm your digestive system. This causes it to eliminate what you're consuming without actually absorbing the vitamins, electrolytes, and nutrients your body needs to recover.
If Your Doctor Has Recommended Hydration Therapy, Let Platinum Sculpt Help You
At Platinum Sculpt, we offer medically-prescribed IV therapy for patients with chronic problems in a welcoming and friendly environment. Our staff of healthcare professionals is totally committed to making the experience as comfortable as possible for you or your patients. We always inform clients of any potential side effects and answer all their questions prior to starting treatment.