Or call us at for a free consultation!
Georgetown: (502) 208-5543
Bowling Green: (270) 621-0078
While the majority of people have heard of-- or experienced-- dehydration, the most common treatment that comes to mind is to drink water or sports beverages with electrolytes. However, when dehydration is severe, the condition can cause a person to suffer from seizures and go into shock. To treat mild to severe cases of dehydration, your doctor might suggest intravenous (IV) rehydration.
What is hydration therapy?
Hydration therapy involves placing an IV line into a vein in your arm to provide fluids loaded with electrolytes-- these may include magnesium, potassium, B vitamins, sulfate, or calcium, among others. The exact mixture of fluids will be dependent on a few variables-- your age, medical history, existing medical conditions, and the extent of the dehydration. Intravenous rehydration is a simple and risk-free procedure used in people that are sick, injured, dehydrated from physical activity or heat, or undergoing surgery.
What are the advantages of a hydration infusion?
1. It works more quickly. When an individual takes hydration orally, they need to wait for the fluids to pass through the gastrointestinal tract. This can take a while. However, since hydration infusion is placed directly into a vein, the solution goes right into your bloodstream, which provides a faster absorption than when taken orally.
2. It can be customized for you. Healthcare professionals take into consideration your height, weight, sex, medical history, existing medical conditions, as well as the severity of your dehydration before deciding which kind of fluids would work best for you. Using this information, they make a custom solution created to target what you need.
3. Shorter recovery time. Since the vitamins, electrolytes, and nutrients in hydration therapy reach your bloodstream instantly, you'll begin feeling much better much sooner than if you take oral hydration. This is especially important when a person is experiencing life-threatening symptoms.
4. It cleanses your system. Immediate hydration improves blood supply to vital organs-- such as your liver and kidneys. Therefore, this enables them to remove toxins from your body more efficiently.
5. It's easier on your digestive system. In serious cases of dehydration, trying to consume a large amount of fluids can overwhelm your digestive system. This causes it to flush out what you're consuming without actually absorbing the vitamins, electrolytes, and nutrients your body needs to recover.
If Your Doctor Has Suggested Hydration Therapy, Let Platinum Sculpt Help You
At Platinum Sculpt, we provide medically-prescribed IV therapy for clients with chronic problems in an inviting and friendly environment. Our staff of healthcare professionals is fully dedicated to making the experience as comfortable as possible for you. We always inform patients of any prospective side effects and answer all their questions before starting therapy.